International Agri-Professional Development Institute (IADI) Merchandising School Introduction to Commodity Markets, Merchandising and Risk Management
February 25 – March 1, 2019 Fogelman Center, University of Memphis, Memphis TN
Minimize the high cost of learning on the job from your mistakes – instead, learn from seasoned professionals who can show you how to do it right the first time!
The IADI Merchandising School is the premier source for commodity merchandising education, focusing on:
- Price risk: Assessment and Management
- Fundamentals: Supply, Demand and Price Analysis
- Crop protection and weather
- Hedging: Futures as well as Options
- Technical trading factors
- Basis trading and merchandising
- Merchandising business success factors
- Margin management: Merchandisers and Processors
- Basis behaviour: Cash and Futures Influence
- Transportation considerations: Rail, Truck and Barge
Our goal is to provide each student with an understanding of merchandising principles, market fundamentals and strategy alternatives to make a measurable contribution to his or her company. Each student should gain an understanding of commodity market structures and impacts, plus the importance of each link in the value chain. Students can begin immediately to incorporate this new-found knowledge into day-to-day job responsibilities for greater productivity.
Participants will learn:
- How to look at fundamental information and use it to develop merchandising strategies
- How futures and option markets function, how to analyze them and how they can reduce risk
- How basis levels are affected by transportation costs and supply/demand considerations
- Forecasting basis level changes and trends
- Grain merchandising using cash and futures markets – managing risk
- How processors can use futures spreads to protect their production processes
All of which is taught by seasoned industry experts using lectures, case studies, and group projects.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone with job responsibilities in the following areas, whether a new hire or a seasoned employee looking to expand their industry understanding.
- Commodity Merchandising, Trading and/or Processing
- Commodity Investors and Traders
- Finance/Auditing in Food and Agribusiness
- Commodity and Ingredient Purchasing
- Commodity Market Analysis
- Transportation and Logistics
- Agricultural policy development/administration
- Supply/Demand analysis and forecasting
Register online now for just $4,195