2. Over the last 1,825(+) days, Zoetis has evolved considerably from a segment within Big Pharma to a standalone trendsetter in animal health. Animal Pharm editor Joseph Harvey looks at the first five years after the industry leader's rebirth.
3. Zoetis has reported double-digit quarterly growth for the first time since 2014.
4. Elanco president Jeff Simmons has emphasized a major quandary facing the future of many aspects of animal health.
5. Boehringer Ingelheim's president and chief executive of operations in the US will retire at the end of the year, after 15 years at the firm.
6. Elanco has underlined a theme that is cutting top-line growth across the whole animal health industry – the 'clean food' movement.
7. Ceva Santé Animale has recorded revenues in excess of €1 billion ($1.2 billion) for the first time, as it takes the mantle of France's largest animal health business.
8. Investment bank William Blair believes the US veterinary sector is "noticeably healthier" compared to five years ago.
Zoetis has made trademark applications for Simparica Trio in the US and Europe.
Merck Animal Health has seen strong revenue growth in the fourth quarter of 2017, with sales up by 11%.