2. Virbac's chairman Éric Marée is the recipient of Animal Pharm's Lifetime Achievement award in the month he retires from his role at the French firm.
3. Elanco has taken an alternative approach to developing innovative products by becoming one of the first clients of Innventure.
4. Zoetis is expecting to record its strongest ever adjusted net income when it reveals its financial statement for fiscal 2017 next month.
5. Naturally, investment and innovation go hand-in-hand. New ideas can only thrive if giving sufficient financial backing. Animal Pharm editor Joseph Harvey scrutinizes 2017 and the major lessons learned about how investment and innovation interact.
6. Huvepharma has made its most significant move in the US animal health space by buying AgriLabs – a deal that features a host of technologies, including custom vaccines.
7. Following a major successful cost-cutting strategy from industry leader Zoetis, others in the sector may have taken notice. With this in mind, Animal Pharm editor Joseph Harvey spoke to expert Kris Wadia about offshoring and its potential role in the animal health space.
8. Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health has appointed a new head of its avian and swine division for the UK and Ireland.
Last year, Zoetis acquired Nexvet Biopharma in a deal that was much more than the usual big-player-snaps-up smaller-company scenario. Animal Pharm editor Joseph Harvey gives his point-of-view on a small deal that meant significantly more to the wider industry.
Last year will probably be remembered for the closing of the Boehringer Ingelheim-Merial deal and for Eli Lilly reviewing strategic options for Elanco. But what of the deals that were actually announced in 2017? Animal Pharm editor Joseph Harvey takes a look at 12 months of comings and goings.